- The menstrual cycle has a huge influence on a female’s metabolic state and training results.
- The follicular phase is when women should focus on progress. It’s characterized by a higher tolerance for pain and increasing levels of endurance.
- Insulin sensitivity is higher during the follicular phase. Her body will be more prone to using carbs to fuel muscle gains.
- During ovulation, high estrogen levels can make women more prone to injury.
- During the luteal phase, the female body will rely more on fat as a fuel source.